If you are looking for the perfect tropical paradise, look no further than Thailand. Thailand is known for many amazing things one of them is having some of the best islands in the world.
There are over 1,000 islands in Thailand and the most popular ones are Phuket, Phi Phi Islands, Koh Tao, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Koh Lanta, Surin Island, Koh Chang, Koh Larn, and so many more.
Been operating for over 40 years with routes to the amazing islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. Check for Raja Ferry Port’s schedules here: Raja Ferry Port Schedule.
Departing pier: Don Sak – Koh Samui, Don Sak – Koh Phangan
Lomprayah offers high-speed ferries to all passengers who want to visit Koh Tao, Koh Nangyuan, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, and Ang Thong National Marine Park.
They also offer full-travel packages from Bangkok and other destinations to these islands via bus connections. Be sure to check the schedules before booking a hotel, as traveling from Bangkok by bus and then ferry all the way to the islands can take up to 15 hours.
Seatran is another ferry transport provider that operates in Koh Samui and Koh Phagan. Seatran has its own coach services that offer a full-travel service from the mainland to the islands.
Songserm offers ferry services to Koh Tao, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, and Andaman Sea destinations such as Phuket, Phi Phi Islands, and Krabi.
The price range for ferries in Thailand depends on the destination.
Bus then Ferry Connections from Bangkok to Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, and Koh Samui: 800 – 1,700 Baht (an approx. 11 – 13 hour-journey in total)
Bus then Ferry Connections from Bangkok to Phuket, Phi Phi Islands, and Krabi: 1,000 – 1,550 Baht (an approx. 13 – 15 hour-journey in total).
Direct ferry from mainland Phuket and Krabi to Phi Phi Islands: 300 – 1,200 Baht (approx. 3 hours).
Direct ferry from Surat Thani to Koh Tao: Starting from 700 Baht (approx. 3.5 hours).
Direct ferry from Surat Thani to Koh Phangan: Starting from 400 Baht (approx 4 hours).
Direct ferry from Surat Thani to Koh Samui: Starting from 400 Baht (approx 2 hours).
Note that prices for commercial ships are generally chapter although they take longer. The prices for ferries and speedboats are more expensive but you can save a couple of hours on your journey.
• There are many other ferry carriers to various destinations in Thailand. The fares vary depending on how long it takes to the island.
• Traveling by ferry or boat during the monsoon season or a heavy storm should be avoided.
• The cheapest boat fare is from Pattaya to Koh Larn (Larn Island) with the price of 30 Baht and 150 Baht by speed boat.
• Ferry tickets can be purchased at Khao San Road.
• Always make sure to wear a life jacket when on a boat/ferry.
• You can cross the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok for only 4 – 7 Baht.
• In case of an accident, swim away from the boat/ferry to avoid the water currents sucking you underneath the vessel.
Hope this helps! Make sure to always check all information at the carrier you choose and happy cruising!
No. of people12345678+
I have flight tickets